Our green policy is helping to make a world of difference
- All paper, board and packaging used meets our stringent environmental specifications and as a minimum these materials are ECF or TCF - Elementally or Totally Chlorine Free - which is the kindest way to bleach the pulp.
- We actively encourage and promote the use of FSC Certified Paper, 100% Recycled Paper or paper containing an element of recycled fiber.
- Our website products are all printed on FSC Papers or 100% Recycled Paper.
Reduce or Avoid the use of Chemicals
- We use an inert water based protective coating sealant on many of our products which is an eco-friendly alternative to polymer based coatings, "litho seal" and plastic laminates.
- We run IPA - isopropyl alcohol - free on our printing presses, as opposed to the industry average of 8%.Our inks are vegetable oil based - specifically linseed oil - as opposed to mineral oil. The removal of IPA alcohol and use of vegetable ink has virtually eliminated our emissions of VOC's - Volatile Organic Compounds - into the atmosphere.
- We promote full colour printing which uses significantly less chemicals, solvents and paper in job setup and press cleaning than traditional one or two colour printing.
- We offer quality Digital Print solutions specifically for short-runs.
Reduce and Recycle Waste
- We have reduced our unavoidable production waste of paper and chemicals by up to 85% and will continue to seek ways to further reduce such waste.
- We segregate, re-use and recycle all of the paper waste produced in the course of printing.
- Waste paper and used aluminum printing plates are collected for recycling, as are all of our spent chemicals.
- We invested in the latest production equipment that is more efficient and less wasteful of materials in the first place.
- We are fully compliant with the Hazardous Waste Act and waste is segregate and collected for recycling by licensed contractors.
- Energy Consumption
- Equipment is chosen to be more efficient - faster setup and running speeds
- ensure more output per KW of electricity used.
Removing Cost Barriers
- We encourage the use of batch printed products such as our Grouping Service,
- which reduce production waste by up to 95% whilst delivering massive cost
- savings to our customers. We continue to remove the cost barriers that
- previously discouraged customers from adopting the use of environmentally
- friendly green printing. Our buying power enables us to purchase eco-friendly
- paper and materials at a lower cost than many printers pay for conventional
- alternatives. Investment in the latest equipment enables Pulp Printing to remain
- highly competitive. Online ordering reduces the cost of sale - savings which are passed onto our customers.